Thursday, August 18, 2011

Back to Square One

Today, I'm flying back to Bowdoin, where my journey started. My Mom is upset that I'm leaving early and was only home for four days. She wants me to stay and celebrate Eid with the family. I feel a bit guilty.

I'm arriving to campus early to lead a community immersion pre-Orientation. It's the same one I did as a freshman. This pre-O exposes incoming students to Bowdoin and the greater Brunswick community through service. It's a great immersion and introduction to the common good, a pillar of Bowdoin College. I'm excited to welcome the new kids to our wonderful community! This is the kind of stuff I LOVE to do. So yes, while I felt guilty for seeing my Mom briefly, I also felt good for...well, doing good.

Take care, everyone! Thanks for following my blog this summer. It's been an unforgettable adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment